Thursday, February 7, 2008

Like Sands Through the Hourglass

Wow, what an interesting few weeks it has been. So much has happened, and I have so much I feel the need to write about. The question is: Where do I start?

I guess I'll start with the biggest event of recent days... I went through the Salt Lake temple on Saturday and recieved my endowment. It was a very special day that I've been preparing for for a long time. It also just so happened to fall on the day of President Hinckley's funeral. I figure what better way is there to honor the "temple prophet" than to go to the temple on that day. It was a wonderful afternoon spent with family and friends, and I know that I will be blessed for keeping the covenants I made that day. I feel so blessed to be a member of a church that utilizes temples. It is so comforting for me to know that I have a place where I can go to be surrounded by the spirit, converse with my Heavenly Father, and recieve answers to prayers. On that note, I'll move on to the second big event of recent days...

I wanted to do another temple session soon after receiving my endowment, just so I could better focus on the whole process. Well, I decided that on Tuesday I would go do another session. A close male friend of mine offered to come with me since he had the day off work. Well, I happen to have a bit (okay a lot) of a thing for this particular friend, but he hasn't been reciprocating the feelings. Well, I went to the temple on Tuesday in fasting and prayer, specifically looking for an answer to whether I should continue to pursue something with him or not. Let me tell you, I got my answer loud and clear. I'm a firm believer in everything happening for a reason, especially in the temple. There is no such thing as coincidence. Well, as soon as we walked in the door, the sweet little man scanning recommends asked us if we'd be willing to help out with sealings. We said we'd be glad to help, and went to get dressed. Obviously, the little wheels inside my head were turning at this point. I knew Heavenly Father was trying to tell me something, and I was going to do my best to pick up what he was throwing down. My friend and I went up to the sealing room and patiently waited our turn. The moment we knelt across the altar from each other it all fell together for me. I knew I had my answer.

Later, as we were walking back to his car to go run some errands he looked at me and said, "Well, that was about the strangest day at the temple I've ever had." Not having much to compare it to I asked him to elaborate. He smiled at me and said, "Do you think the Lord is trying to tell us something?" I laughed, and told him that I'd received the same message. We talked about it a little further, ran our errands, and moved on with our day. Well, last night we went out to dinner and spent some time together and we talked about it again. He's still not sure about what the Lord was trying to tell him... I'll wait patiently til he figures it out. :) If nothing else the whole experience strengthened my testimony that the Lord hears our prayers and answers them, not always in the way we expect.

Well, my friends, that's about all I can think of for now. Just know that life is good. I'm happier than I've been in a long time, and I can definitely see the Lord's hand in my life everyday. I will for sure keep you all posted on things to come. Know that I think of each of you daily and pray for you.

Much love, my friends!


Holla... said...

how the crap do you get cute blog backgrounds?! i've tried and apparently i'm retarded....teach me mom.

ps. this blog was very delighful and congrats on going through the temple! that is pretty freaking awesome!

WonderKitty said...

That is so cool Annie! I am glad you didn't wait. It is so cool. Nik and I dont make it back as often as we would like, and that is always more obvious when we actually go! Keep it up!