Saturday, July 28, 2007

Full moon? I think so...

I find it interesting that so many things in my life coincide with the full moon. The hospital is a completely differnet place during the full moon, especially if it occurs on the weekend. There are more babies born, more people dying, and more traumas than any other time during the cycle. Things on my particular unit are all-around busier, as well. People spike temperatures, have sudden incontinence problems, and become nauseated for no apparent reason. I blame the moon.
My personal life is always different during the full moon as well. I am definitely less fun to be around, shorter-tempered, and more emotional. Also, my sarcasm is pretty much even more over-the-top than usual. Okay, so it could be PMS (too much information, I know), but it's definitely easier to blame that pock-marked sphere orbiting our planet than my own body. I blame the moon.
I've started writing prose, and a little poetry, again. This is unusual seeing as how I haven't written in several years. My poems sound more like song lyrics than anything. I think I've deluded myself into thinking I can be a rock star. Two problems with this, 1)I know a total of 4 chords on the guitar, and 2) I really don't sing all that well. Maybe after the lyrics are written I'll pass them along to a friend's band. I mean, come on, what band doesn't need another sappy ballad?
My brother took my car to Richfield this weekend to go on a date. I think I'm having seperation anxiety. If he breaks my car, I break his head.
I saw something this week that made my heart smile (Lizzy and Colt, that was for you): A man driving a mint green vespa scooter wearing glasses (they appeared to be Prada, but I'm not sure) and a man-bag (okay, it was a purse) in the identical shade of green as his scooter. It was the most ideal thing I've seen in a long time.
Octupus' (octupi?) are very cool. The fieldtrip this week was to the living planet aquarium, I recommend it. Take a date. They had an octupus there that had his very own anemone, starfish, and-- I kid you not-- Mr. Potatohead friends. Also, there were stingrays to pet and glow-in-the-dark jelly fish. A very informative afternoon.
Now, on to the angst portion of regularly scheduled announcement: Is there something wrong with me? Do I have a horrible disease? Do I rival Quasimodo in looks? I'm getting a little annoyed with men not wanting to get to know me. Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way looking for a relationship right now, but I'd still like to go on dates. I enjoy getting to know people, discovering new places, and having a good time. I mean, I know I'm no Tyra Banks, but I'm an attractive enough girl. I have a good sense of humor, a big heart, a college degree, and a career. I've got a lot going for me. I shake my fist at the men of Utah and, oh hell, I blame the moon.
Well, my dearly devoted readers. That is all I have for now.
Much love!

1 comments:

Greg D said...

"I have a good sense of humor, a big heart, a college degree, and a career. I've got a lot going for me."
In short, you're intimidating. I've come to the conclusion that the men of Utah - in general - want a petite little blond housewife who he can mold into the person he wants her to be. No intelligence, no personality, no questions.
I support your intimidation - go for it!